10 December 2020
Changes Over Christmas and New Year
NHS Supply Chain Customer Services will be closed 25 December to 28 December 2020 and 1 January 2021. Please refer to our seasonal delivery schedule to understand how your order may be affected by these closures.
The Consumables Group normally meets every Tuesday and Thursday to allocate products in critically short supply. During the weeks commencing 21 and 28 December, the Consumables Group will convene on the 22 and 29 December only. Trusts are asked to consider this when making requests for suspended consumables during December.
Our Critical Projects webinars will not take place on 24 or 31 December, unless there is a critical update we need to communicate. Should they be reinstated all registrants will be emailed. If you have missed a previous webinar or would like to register, please contact your Customer Relationship Manager.
Submit your demand capture for blood lancets
NCP Blood Lancets is due to launch on 8 March 2021. To ensure continuity of supply across EoTP and the COVID-19 response, submit your demand capture for blood lancets. If you have any questions, please contact your Customer Relationship Manager or Clinical Nurse Advisor.
Who To Contact
NHS Supply Chain Customer Services
With operational BAU queries, i.e. delivery queries, product availability queries, clinical event required exceptional ordering.
NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Managers
With queries related to new business, switching volumes or any change in profile.
For Non NHS Supply Chain Products
If you have any EoTP queries, that are related to products not in the NHS Supply Chain catalogue, please contact the DHSC via firstname.lastname@example.org
In an Emergency Contact NSDR
For NHS Providers, if you need more volume than you have been provided, please ensure you have:
- Used all your local stock
- Contacted your NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor
- Sought mutual aid from other trusts in your STP.
For Community Healthcare Partners, please ensure you have:
- Followed your usual BAU procedures (which may include wholesale provision)
- Contacted your local trusts or health organisations for mutual aid
- Contacted your Local Resilience Forums
- For PPE, submit your emergency order through the PPE Portal.
Contact the NSDR 24/7 hotline on 0800 915 9964.
- ICN 1046 – Suspended Products
- ICN 1141 – 9N Nitrile Specialist Examination Gloves Supply
- ICN 1137 – Sterile Nitrile Gloves Supply
- ICN 1138 – Nitrile Accelerator Free Examination Gloves
All of our ICNS are available here.
Other Useful Links
To assist in understanding our communications across EoTP we have published an abbreviations guide.
To stay up to date with the wider national progress and changes across the End of the Transition period at https://www.gov.uk/transition
COVID-19 Vaccination Programme
National Vaccine Service Desk
- Is available from 7 am to 7 pm daily, including bank holidays.
- It is a central point of contact for delivery queries, discrepancies, and damaged products.
- Contact them via 0800 678 1650 or CS@nhsvaccinesupport.com
NHSE/I have published COVID-19 vaccine guidance for trusts and primary care providers. There is also information on equipment and consumables provision and supply.
NHS England and NHS Improvement COVID-19 Vaccine Deployment Strategy – a letter from NHS England was sent to the Chief Executives of all NHS trusts and foundation trusts from Emily Lawson and Sue Harriman.