Nationally Contracted Products (NCP): Adult ECG Electrodes
Important Customer Notice Update
- FDK109 was missed off the original delist for the Adult Electrodes NCP Contract due to incorrect categorisation.
- The affected product is available whilst stock last from 10 July 2019.
- The product code will then be delisted once all the stock has been depleted.
- An alternative NCP awarded product is available to order through our online catalogue.
- Please refer to the updated product listing below for further information on the affected product code.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor.
- Nationally Contracted Products (NCP) initiative is strategically co led by NHS Improvement and the Department of Health and Social Care and is operationalised through NHS Supply Chain.
- NCP aims to implement the Carter Report recommendations to harness the national buying power of the NHS, remove “unwarranted product variation” and improve efficiency. NCP focuses on reducing variety at a sub category level and channelling national commitment to this optimised product range to drive savings.
- The procurement exercise undertaken was for Adult ECG Electrodes, with the aim to rationalise the range and to standardise the products used per clinical practice. Ambulance Service volumes were excluded, and Ambulance Trusts should continue to order their products as before. As part of the evaluation process suppliers were required to show evidence of the Electrical Performance (trace) and adhesive performance in line with ANSI/AAMI EC12:2000/(R)2010 prior to the sealed bid exercise.
- Ambu UK Ltd, Fannin (Stroud) and Nissha Medical Technologies Ltd (formerly Graphic Controls Ltd) have been awarded as the suppliers for Adult ECG Electrodes. They have been awarded across the eight product areas as follows:
|12 Lead Diagnostic||Adult Tab ECG Electrode- Solid Gel||Dual||Fannin and Ambu|
|General Patient monitoring||Adult Tab ECG Electrode- with a Centre Stud, Foam backing, Solid Gel||Dual||Fannin and Ambu|
|Emergency Trolley||Adult Tab ECG Electrode- Centre Stud, 3 pack, Foam backing, Wet Gel||Dual||Nissha and Fannin|
|Long Term Monitoring||Adult Tab ECG Electrode- Centre Stud, Cloth/Microporous Tape Backing, Solid Gel||Dual||Ambu and Fannin|
|Radiolucent/ MRI Conditional||Adult ECG Electrode – Centre Carbon Stud (Radiolucent), Foam Backing, Solid Gel||Dual||Ambu and Nissha|
|Radiolucent/ MRI Conditional||Adult ECG Electrode – Centre Carbon Stud (Radiolucent), Foam Backing, Wet Gel||Dual||Fannin and Nissha|
|Stress Test||Adult ECG Electrode – Offset Stud, Foam Backing, Wet Gel||Single||Ambu|
|Special Requirements and Cardiac Specialist||Adult ECG Electrode – Offset Stud, Cloth/ Microporous tape Backing, Suitable for Sensitive skin, size range 68mm – 72mm diameter, Wet Gel||Single||Ambu|
|Special Requirements and Cardiac Specialist||Adult ECG Electrode – Offset Stud, Cloth/ Microporous Backing, size range 55mm – 60mm diameter, Wet Gel||Single||Ambu|
|Special Requirements and Cardiac Specialist||Adult ECG Electrode Centre Stud, Cloth/Microporous Tape Backing, Wet Gel||Dual||Fannin and Ambu|
|Special Requirements and Cardiac Specialist||Adult ECG Electrode – with a Centre Stud, Foam backing, Wet Gel||Dual||Fannin and Ambu|
|Special Requirements and Cardiac Specialist||Adult ECG Electrode – Wet Gel||Single||Fannin|
- Trust impact statements will give a more detailed analysis of the suppliers and products each trust has been allocated.
- As of 2 June 2019, the products of the unsuccessful suppliers below will be delisted from the online catalogue for a minimum period of 12 months:
- 3M Healthcare
- Albert Waeschle
- Cardiac Services
- Conmed UK Ltd
- Henry Schein Medical
- Medigraphics Ltd
- Medimaxtech UK Ltd
- Medline Industries
- Philips Healthcare
- The NCP product will become available to order on 3 June 2019.
- There are potential national savings of £1.9 million (41%)*.
- For information on trust specific savings opportunities please contact your Account Manager. Trust Impact Statements will be available in the week commencing 15 April 2019.
- Ambulance Trusts should continue to order their products as before.
- If you have any questions about the Nationally Contracted Products, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Account Manager.
* Anticipated annualised savings figures are calculated following conclusion of the award process and are based on national Core Banded pricing using the last 6 months volumes. The impact of margin removal due to the Central Funding model has not been taken into account. Please note these are subject to change after Trust Impact Statements are produced due to further pricing reconciliation. For further details please contact NHS Supply Chain.