Nationally Contracted Products (NCP): Super Absorbent Dressings (ICN 855)
Important Customer Notice NCP
- Nationally Contracted Products (NCP) programme is strategically co led by NHS Improvement and the Department of Health and is being operationalised through the NHS Supply Chain.
- This procurement exercise was undertaken for Super Absorbent Dressings.
- The aim was to ensure resilience and continuity of supply, remove unwarranted variation and to aggregate national demand to provide a sustainable competitive price for the NHS.
- Three suppliers have been awarded to reduce risk and ensure continuity of supply:
Paul Hartmann Ltd.
Richardson Healthcare Ltd.
- As of 1 December 2019, the products of the following unsuccessful suppliers will be delisted from the online catalogue for a minimum period of 12 months:
3M United Kingdom Plc.
H&R Healthcare Ltd.
L&R Medical UK Ltd.
Molnlycke Health Care Ltd.
- The NCP product will become available to order on 2 December 2019.
- There are potential national savings of 67% (£1.6 million)*.
- For information on trust specific savings opportunities please contact your Account Manager. Trust Impact Statements will be available in the week commencing 14 October 2019.
- If you have any questions about the Nationally Contracted Products, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Account Manager.
*Anticipated annualised savings figures are calculated following conclusion of the award process and are based on national Core Banded pricing using the last 6 months volumes. The impact of margin removal due to the Central Funding model has not been taken into account. Please note these are subject to change after Trust Impact Statements are produced due to further pricing reconciliation. For further details please contact NHS Supply Chain.