Bard Maxcore Field Safety Notice
Important Customer Notice Field Safety Notice
Recall Ref 58
- Bard Peripheral Vascular a subsidiary of Becton Dickinson has issued a product recall following customer feedback identifying specific lot numbers in the Bard Maxcore range of disposable core biopsy instruments which may have potential firing issues.
- Tissue samples may not be obtained where a device does not completely fire.
- Eight of these products are available from NHS Supply Chain via our eDirect route. Please see the product listing for full details of the affected product and any potential alternatives.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to view the Field Safety Notice and product listing for further details.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Field Safety Notice and share this document with all users of the affected products.
- Complete and return the Customer response form, page 3, to BDUKFieldAction@bd.com by 13 December 2019 confirming details of the affected products in your possession. Please return this form even if you have none.
- Where affected product is found please also contact your NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor with full details to enable us to log and monitor collection by the Supplier, and credit if appropriate.
- Customers should contact their local BD representative or BD Office on 01293 606643 to discuss potential alternatives.
If you have any further questions, please contact either your local BD representative or local BD office on 01293 606643 or your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor.