Baxter Medication Delivery, Nutrition, and Renal Care Products (ICN 1287)
Important Customer Notice Recall
- Baxter has issued a Field Safety Notice for specific lots of Medication Delivery, Nutrition, and Renal Care products.
- The affected lots may not have been properly sterilised, or adequate documentation of sterilisation was not provided to Baxter. Therefore, Baxter is unable to guarantee sterility.
- Baxter has no indication that using the impacted product lots would cause patient harm.
- This recall is being carried out because Baxter has insufficient documentation of proper sterilisation.
- Most of the stock affected was shipped between 2016 and 2018.
- There are 40 NHS Supply Chain products affected.
- Please refer to the Field Safety Notice Annex 1 and Product Listing for further information on the affected product codes.See our Downloads ▼ section.
- Only products from the lots listed in Annex 1 are being removed from the market.
- Ensure that suitable alternatives are available to maintain care provision, once in place, withdraw and dispose of affected product at the earliest opportunity.
- Follow the instructions in the Field Safety Notice.
- Circulate the notice to all within your organisation who may use the affected products.
- Contact your local NHS supply Chain Customer Service Advisor with details of destroyed products to enable us to manage any customer credits on your behalf, as appropriate.
- Baxter has confirmed that they are able to supply future orders with unaffected product.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.