Cardinal Health Hypodermic Syringe and Blunt Fill Needles
Important Customer Notice Field Safety Notice
Ref: MHRA 2019/005/002/291/003
Recall Ref: 73
- Cardinal Health has issued a Field Safety Notice for voluntarily recalling specific production lots of Monoject™ Hypodermic Safety Needles and Monoject™ Blunt Fill Needles.
- The products were distributed between 1 August 2015 and 11 November 2019.
- This recall is being conducted due to non-sterile product that was inadvertently shipped to customers. The product is labelled as “NON-STERILR Not for Human Use”.
- The usage of a needle that is not sterile could result in infection. Cardinal Health is not aware of any reports of patient harm.
- Some of these products were available from NHS Supply Chain as:
|NPC||MPC||Item Description||Lot Number|
|FTR2078 FTR2094 FTR2438||1182558||Monoject™ Hypodermic Safety Needle 25G x 5/8”.||15063004|
|FTR2079||11811022F||Monoject™ Bluntfill with Filter, 18G x 1-1/2”.||15072024|
- Please note no other batch numbers are affected.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Field Safety Notice and share with all users of the affected products.
- Complete and return the acknowledgment form to Dearbhaile.email@example.com.
- If an affected product is identified, please contact your NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor who can arrange a return for full credit (reason code 7). All products to be returned no later than 14 February 2020.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor.