Delisting Philips and Cardiac Services UK Ltd Foetal Scalp Electrodes (ICN 1963)
Important Customer Notice Update
- We have produced a Foetal Scalp Electrodes (FSE) Clinical Product Matrix to support product switching.
- The FSE Clinical Product Matrix indicates the compatibility of CTG devices with alternative consumables and accessories.
- The FSE Clinical Product Matrix has had oversight and review from NHS England (NHSE) National Clinical Advisor for National Maternity and the NHSE National Clinical Advisor for the Maternity and Neonatal Safety Improvement Programme.
- The FSE Clinical Product Matrix is to be used to inform and support discussions and clinical decision making at a local level.
- To inform on alternative product compatibility, customers will need to review this matrix and the alternative products listed that relate to their device(s).
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the FSE Clinical Product Matrix for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- Two indirect alternative product codes have now been added to the suspended consumables list.
- Both alternatives are therefore subject to Control Demand Management.
- If you have an urgent clinical need for any of the suspended codes, you need to complete and submit the Control Suspended Consumables Product Submission Webform. See our Useful Links section to access this web form.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the product matrix for further information on the affected product codes and indirect alternatives.
- The suppliers Philips and Cardiac Services UK have informed us of a discontinuation with their Foetal Scalp Electrodes products.
- There are five product codes affected.
- The supplier is discontinuing these products due to a safety issue.
- See our Useful Links section for the Field Safety Notice (ICN 1937) and further details related to the safety issue.
- Product Code FDK348, was previously the subject of ICN 1537. ICN 1537 will be replaced by this new ICN.
- A product matrix and potential alternatives will be provided in due course.
- The affected codes have been delisted from our online catalogue.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the delisted products for further information on the affected product codes.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the delisted products.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.