Delisting Smiths Medical Logical and Transtar Pressure Monitoring Accessories (ICN 2034)
Important Customer Notice Update
Ref: 2023/2034 ICN Number: 2034
- We have been informed by the supplier Smiths Medical that they will no longer be making some of these codes obsolete.
- We expect that there may be some supply disruption within this range of products.
- Please see attached communication from supplier with further details.
- We are working closely with the supplier on this matter, and we will update this ICN with further information once available.
- The supplier Smiths Medical has informed us that the discontinuation of its Logical and Transtar Pressure Monitoring accessories is ongoing.
- A further two product codes are affected:
- FFF497 – Pressure monitoring kit – DISP LogiCal Transducers Double monitoring kit red and blue 180cm
- FFF868 – Pressure monitoring kit – DPS Triple Line 20/Bx
- There are 42 product codes affected in total.
- FFF231 is currently suspended and unavailable to order.
- Stock is available whilst stock lasts then once it has depleted, they will be delisted from our online catalogue.
- 13 product codes are now being threshold managed and are subject to Protect Demand Management:
- FTC190, FFF233, FFF228, FFF224, FFF005, FFF220, FTC189, FFF150, FFF237, FFF153, FFF230, FFF232 and FFF217.
- These codes are available to order through NHS Supply Chain. However, trusts are allocated a maximum daily quantity or “threshold” to ensure fair a supply of available stock across the NHS.
- Please note that e-Direct and Blue Diamond lines will be delisted from 1 May 2023.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- The supplier Smiths Medical has informed us of a discontinuation with its Logical and Transtar Pressure Monitoring accessories.
- There are 40 product codes affected.
- The supplier is discontinuing these products due to ICU Medical acquiring Smiths Medical.
- The affected product codes are available whilst stocks last and will then be delisted from our online catalogue.
- Due to the many variants that need to be considered included wiring and monitoring, customers should consult with the suppliers directly to ensure appropriate alternatives can be identified based on local clinical requirements.
- ICU Medical – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Codan – email@example.com
- Edwards – UK_customerservice@edwards.com
- Fannin – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kimal – Denise.Dodds@Kimal.co.uk
- Merit Medical – email@example.com
- Indirect alternatives are available for some of the IV accessories.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the product listing below further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- Whilst stock is depleted, several product codes are now being threshold managed and are subject to Protect Demand Management:
- FTC190 FFF233 FFF228 FFF224 FFF005 FFF220 FFF150 FFF237 FFF153 FFF230 FFF232 FFF217.
- These codes are available to order through NHS Supply Chain. However, trusts are allocated a maximum daily quantity aka “threshold” to ensure fair supply of available stock across the NHS.
- See our Downloads ▼ section for a full list of product codes subject to Protect Demand Management.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the potential indirect alternative products.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.