Ecolab Skinsan Scrub (ICN 1175)
Important Customer Notice Recall
- Ecolab Limited has issued a Field Safety Notice to recall nine lot numbers of the skin cleanser “Skinsan scrub” following discovery of the potential for these batches to contain the gram-negative bacteria Achtomobacter xylosoxidans.
- Achtomobacter xylosoxidans is an opportunistic, environmental bacteria that is rarely implicated in human infections. It poses little medical risk to healthy people. However, immunocompromised patients are at higher risk of infection.
- There is one NHS Supply Chain product code affected.
|NPC||Product Description||Supplier Code/MPC||Affected Lots|
|MRA256||Skinsan Body Wash Antimicrobial foam 500ml 0.9% dodecyldimethylammonium chloride and 0.9% chlorhexidine gluconate – suitable for hair and body||3083220||4300PR0404,4300PR0406,
- Our stock holding has been checked to remove these lot numbers.
- Please see our Downloads ▼ section to refer to the Field Safety Notice and product listing for further information on the affected product and potential alternatives.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Field Safety Notice and share this document with all users of the affected products.
- Contact your NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor to arrange return for full credit, using reason code 7 “Supplier Recall”.
- Note only unopened bottles should be returned; opened bottles should be disposed in accordance with the Field Safety Notice and your local regulations.
- All products are to be returned no later than Friday 29 January 2021.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor