Essity Tork Alcohol Foam Hand Sanitiser (ICN 1213)
Important Customer Notice Recall
- Since the pandemic, health advisors and governments have advised the use of hand sanitisers, resulting in an increased use of hand sanitisers among the general public. This has led to extension of hand sanitiser use by professionals in the B2B environment to the general public.
- As a result of this unintended use by the general public, Essity is recalling Tork Alcohol Foam Hand Sanitiser which is formulated specifically for a target group of professional users. It contains a small amount of n-propanol/1-propanol, an ingredient which requires a specific hazard classification (the H318 hazard label) and is suitable only for use by professionals.
- Tork Alcohol Foam Hand Sanitiser is appropriate, approved and certified for professional use.
- Essity conducts thorough product safety checks to ensure its products are safe to use for their intended purpose. We are unaware of any incident involving the Tork Alcohol Foam Hand Sanitiser in the 10 years that it has been on the market.
- There are three NHS Supply Chain product codes affected, previously available on the Blue Diamond route. All three products will be delisted.
|NPC||Description||MPC||Unit of issue|
|MRB1258||Tork alcohol hand rub foam bottle 47ml||590101||Case 12|
|MRB1259||Tork alcohol hand rub foam cartridge 950ml||520101||Case 6|
|MRB1260||Tork alcohol hand rub foam 400ml bottle||511104||Case 12|
- Share this notice with all within your organisation who may have received these products.
- Cease use and quarantine all affected product.
- Contact your NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor with full details of all goods, including quantities of single bottles or cases, in your possession. Your Advisor will inform you of the actions required to enable us to raise full credit on your behalf.
- We are currently sourcing alternatives and will update this ICN when available.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor