Examination Gloves Suspension (ICN 1018)
Important Customer Notice Product Update
- Examination Glove demand has significantly increased above our predicted uplift under the current COVID-19 response.
- NHS England and NHS Improvement have taken the decision to move Examination Gloves into the Daily PPE Stock Push model.
- This includes NCP 6n Nitrile Examination Gloves. All other gloves remain available to order through NHS Supply Chain and demand for these products will be closely monitored.
- This is to protect stockholding and push out volumes in line with the NHS England consumption model.
- There are 24 product codes affected.
- All 24 affected product codes will be suspended from the online catalogue on 14 April 2020.
- A daily push of gloves stock will be in place for the first deliveries from Clipper on Thursday 16 April 2020.
- Current orders placed for 15 April 2020 delivery will go ahead.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to view the product listing for further information on the affected product codes.
- Customers can no longer order the 24 affected Examination Gloves NPCs, including all NCP 6n Nitrile Examination Gloves, as they will be moved into the Daily PPE Stock Push.
- Under this model, the gloves will be delivered to a single trust location.
- See our Useful Links section for a full PPE Product Listing on the Dedicated PPE Channel website.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Account Manager or review the details provided in the 14 April 2020 NHS Supply Chain Customer Update: COVID-19 Response webinar.