Field Safety Notice Becton Dickinson UK Ltd Plastipak™ Syringe, 20 ml (ICN 1591)
Important Customer Notice Field Safety Notice
Ref: 2022/1591 ICN Number: 1591
- Becton Dickinson UK Ltd (BD) has issued an advisory product notification for lot number 2106055 of BD Plastipak™ 20 mL syringe due to incorrect primary packaging labelling.
- BD has become aware that a percentage of BD Plastipak™ Syringe (catalogue number/REF: 300613, lot number 2106055, 20 mL syringe) have the potential to be mislabelled as a BD Plastipak™ 50 mL Catheter Tip Syringe (catalogue number/REF: 300867) on the primary packaging label.
- The expiry date and lot information on the affected packaging is listed correctly. All other levels of packaging correctly identify the product as BD Plastipak™ Syringe (catalogue number/REF: 300613, lot number 2106055, 20 ml syringe).
- The sterility of the device is not compromised.
- There is one NHS Supply Chain product code affected:
|NPC||Product Description||Supplier Code/ MPC||Affected Lot|
|FWC021||Hypodermic Syringe 20ml Luer Slip Eccentric Clear plunger Sterile||300613||2106055|
- No other product codes or lot numbers are affected.
- Follow the instructions in the Field Safety Notice. See our Downloads ▼ section
- Circulate the notice to all within your organisation who may use the affected product.
- Complete and return the Customer Reply Form on page 4 of the Field Safety Notice to BDUKFieldAction@bd.com as soon as possible. It is important you return this form even if you no longer use the product.
- If you experience this mislabelling with the BD Plastipak™ Syringe, please report to your local BD representative.
If you have any further questions, please contact BDUKFieldAction@bd.com, your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.