Field Safety Notice Convatec Avelle Pump Kit ELZ853 (ICN 1458)
Important Customer Notice Field Safety Notice
NHSSC Ref: 58
- Convatec has issued a Field Safety Notice following discovery that the Avelle pump kit contains an unapproved luer lock connector located on the male end of the Avelle tube.
- Identified potential hazards include tissue damage, non-penetrating wounds, (maceration), infection requiring prescriptive treatment.
- Of the products affected one is available from NHS Supply Chain:
|NPC||Product Description||Supplier Code/ MPC||Affected Lot Number|
|ELZ853||Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Disposable Pump (30 days)||421551 (1724310)||WO027648|
- Please note although other products and lot numbers are listed in the Field Safety Notice, Convatec advise only one delivery of 60 units to NHS Supply Chain was affected, as detailed above.
- There should be no impact on future supplies of this product.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Field Safety Notice and share with all users of the affected products.
- Where pumps with lot number WO027648 are identified, immediately quarantine, and contact your NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor with full details. Following verification, you will be asked to destroy the pump and complete and return the Certificate of Destruction ( COP). see our Downloads ▼ section.
- On receipt of the completed Certificate of Destruction NHS Supply Chain will raise full credit on your behalf.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor.