Field Safety Notice Laerdal Medical Potential Risk of Laerdal Suction Unit (LSU) with Low or Reduced Suction Canister Leakage (ICN 1527)
Important Customer Notice Field Safety Notice
NHSSC Ref: 65
- Laerdal Medical has issued an urgent Safety Notice applying to Laerdal Suction Unit (LSU) manufactured in the period of 17 April 2021 to 2 July 2021.
- Units manufactured during this period may have air leakage in the canister or canister lid, this could potentially lead to reduced or low suction function.
- Of the four suction units affected only one product is available from NHS Supply Chain:
|NPC||Product Description||Supplier Code/ MPC||Supply Route|
|FSL984||Laerdal Suction Unit with Re-usable Cannister||78000003||eDirect|
- Please refer to the Field Safety Notice for full details of all affected products and lot numbers and how to identify the lot number.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Field Safety Notice and share with all users of the affected products.
- Laerdal will replace all affected units free of charge. The replacements will be distributed to your trust by Cardiac Services.
- In the event of any queries regarding the replacements please contact Chris Collins at Cardiac Services by email:
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor.