GBUK Enteral Caretip 5ml Oral Dispenser Sterile (ICN 1120)
Important Customer Notice Field Safety Notice
MRHA : 2020/008/027/487/004
NHSSC : 40
- GBUK Enteral have issued a Field Safety Notice to advise users of Caretip 5ml Oral syringes that there is an error on the tsp graduation scale.
- Specifically, the marking at one quarter teaspoon (which should be 1.25ml) is in error by 0.4ml and therefore the actual volume at this graduation marking is 0.85ml.
- There is therefore the potential for patients to be under dosed by 0.4ml if this particular graduation marking is used.
- The affected product is available through NHS Supply Chain as:
|NPC||Product description||Supplier Code/MPC|
|FTA345||Caretip 5ml Oral Dispenser Sterile||OS-5|
- Only one graduation marking is in error as described above. All other graduation markings are entirely accurate.
- It is recommended that the ml scale is used to accurately dispense medicines using this device.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Field Safety Notice and share this document with all users of the affected products.
- Customers are to complete the Acknowledgment Form found on page 2 of the Field Safety Notice and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor.