GBUK Healthcare Heel Lancets Newborn and Premature Type (ICN 1178)
Important Customer Notice Product Update
- As part of the new Framework Launch in March 2021, GBUK Healthcare who will be the new distributor of Steriheel, have advised us that there will be a change in design on both the Heel Lancets, Newborn and Premature type.
- We are aware that GBUK Healthcare are contacting customers at present to advise of the upcoming change.
- Steriheel Baby Lancets are changing to the improved Octaheel Baby Lancets, the improvement is a change in shape from circular to Octagon shape. The change in shape will result in a better grip, and due to the hexagonal shape improved visibility of the incision site.
- There will be no change in price from GBUK in what they had submitted as part of the tender, – Steriheel and then new Octaheel.
- As part of the demand capture issued in relation to the upcoming NCP on Blood Lancets, GBUK Healthcare had issued out examples of Steriheel products, Premature and Newborn Heel Lancets.
- These products will be replaced, and new codes created under the brand Octaheel .
- The new product codes are:
FTM547 – Preemie .85 x1.75mm
FTM550 – Newborn 1.00 x 2.5mm.
- These codes are not available to order at present, and will be part of the Blood Collection Systems and Blood Lancets launch, in March 2021.
- Current product codes of Steriheel, FTM358 and FTM359 via Spirit Healthcare will be available until 7 March 2021, then they will be delisted as part of the framework renewal.
- Please see our Downloads ▼ section to refer to the product listing for further information on the affected product codes.
- For examples, please contact your Clinical Nurse Advisor or Customer Relationship Manager.
- See our Useful Links 🔗 section for further information on the Blood Collection Systems and Blood Lancets contract.
1178 GBUK Healthcare Delisted Products with AlternativesAn Excel file detailing the affected product codes for ICN 1178.
Please log in to view this content.