ICU Clinical Consumables (ICN 1035)
Important Customer Notice Update
- NHS Supply Chain has been working with existing suppliers and newly awarded framework suppliers to identify opportunities to mitigate tracheostomy product shortages.
- The expanded range of products have been identified by the suppliers and our Clinical Leads to support the NHS Supply Chain response to Covid-19 and the increase in demand for these products. See our Useful Links section for further information on the New Tracheostomy Products.
- The ICU Clinical Consumables Product Matrix has been updated to include the tracheostomy product supplier contact details. See our Downloads ▼ section to access this matrix.
- Please ensure you are aware of what your next alternative product will be if your preferred product is no longer available.
- Customers are advised to contact relevant suppliers should any additional samples or training be required to enable your choice of an alternative product.
- Customers are advised to log in to our website to view the product matrix. It is updated weekly and can be filtered as required.
- Please refer to our update below from 23 April 2020 for further information on how to use the product matrix.
- Further national clinical reviews are underway.
- NHS Supply Chain continues to work with current incumbent suppliers to bring additional stocks in as soon as possible.
There are a number of products identified as being required to support ICU patient treatment.
We have created a new ICU Consumables Product Matrix tool that provides you with information on all the NPCs identified as ICU key consumables. See our Useful Links section to see the matrix which is updated weekly.
The matrix allows you to view all product options. An additional 2,500+ product codes have been mapped as potential alternatives.
ICU key consumables have been categorised into four main areas:
- Specialist areas only
- Specialist and general clinical
- General clinical
- Organisation wide.
The tool is a source intelligence for you to develop your own alternatives list:
- It will be updated weekly and can be filtered as required.
- Potential alternatives are visible by using the Category column as the primary filter and are grouped at a subcategory level.
- The products on this list have not been validated, endorsed or recommended as clinical alternatives. The product choice rests with the end user/clinician.
- All these lines are migrating to stock in order to strengthen the supply chain.
Haemofiltration consumables are NOT included in the matrix tool as they are subject to separate guidance.
- The procurement of these consumables is subject to NHS England/Improvement (NHSE/I) and Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC) guidance.
- See our Useful Links section to read the NHS England guidance.
- To obtain stocks of consumables please place orders through your normal purchasing processes. Suppliers continue to liaise with the National Renal Incident Team to monitor stocks and incoming supplies.
ICU Clinical Consumables Product MatrixUpdated on 16 October 2020.
Please log in to view this content.