ICU Clinical Consumables
Important Customer Notice Product Update
There are a number of products identified as being required to support ICU patient treatment.
We have created a new ICU Consumables Product Matrix tool that provides you with information on all the NPCs identified as ICU key consumables.
The matrix allows you to view all product options. An additional 2,500+ product codes have been mapped as potential alternatives.
ICU key consumables have been categorised into four main areas:
- Specialist areas only
- Specialist and general clinical
- General clinical
- Organisation wide.
The tool is a source intelligence for you to develop your own alternatives list:
- It will be updated weekly and can be filtered as required.
- Potential alternatives are visible by using the Category column as the primary filter and are grouped at a subcategory level.
- The products on this list have not been validated, endorsed or recommended as clinical alternatives. The product choice rests with the end user/clinician.
- All these lines are migrating to stock in order to strengthen the supply chain.
Haemofiltration consumables are NOT included in the matrix tool as they are subject to separate guidance.
- The procurement of these consumables is subject to NHS England/Improvement (NHSE/I) and Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC) guidance.
- See our Useful Links 🔗 section to read the NHS England guidance.
- To obtain stocks of consumables please continue to place orders directly with suppliers. Suppliers are liaising daily with the National Renal Incident Team.
ICU Clinical Consumables Product MatrixUpdated on 27 May 2020
Please log in to view this content.