Johnson Test Papers Limited PH Indicator Strips 0-6 (ICN 1229)
Important Customer Notice Recall
- Johnson Test Papers Limited has issued an urgent Field Safety Notice to recall a single lot number, 103CE29, of the pH Indicator strip. This is following discovery that the wrong indicator strip, namely 2-9 pH has been packaged in the pH-06 strips packaging.
- Johnson Test Papers was made aware of this issue when a customer noticed the test pad was a different colour. The middle pad for the pH indicator strips 0-6 is blue whereas the middle pad for the pH indicator strips 2-9 is green.
- The hazard of using pH 2-9 indicator strips with the pH0-6 printed scale is that the value read will not be accurate. Misinterpretation of pH may lead to a wrong clinical decision of nasogastric tube position in the stomach leading to additional clinical procedures or initiation of feeding while the feeding tube is not in the stomach.
- There is one NHS Supply Chain product code affected:
|NPC||Description||MPC||Affected Lot Number|
|FWM3043||pH Indicator Strips pH0-6||103.3CE||103CE29|
- The supplier confirms the withdrawal of this single lot number will have no impact on availability of the product.
- Share this notice with all within your organisation who may have received these products.
- Check all storage and usage locations for lot number 103CE29.
- Discontinue using and quarantine the specific product / lot number combination, including opened packs of the product.
- Complete and return the Acknowledgement form, page four of the Field Safety Notice, and return to: EMEAFieldAction@avanos.com.
- Contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor with full details of the affected products in your possession to arrange return for credit using reason code 7 “Supplier Recall”. All goods to be returned no later than Friday 23 April 2021.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor
1229 Johnson Test Papers Limited Field Safety NoticeA PDF of the Field Safety Notice for ICN 1229.