NCP Couch Rolls – Central System Changes (ICN 052)
Important Customer Notice Product Update
Following on from ICN ref: 2017/001 please note there has been a change to how the transition to the new product codes will be managed. This is to support a prompt changeover to the new codes and ensure savings can be realised.
- A global update to standing orders and favourite lists will be completed centrally prior to launch on 27 March 2017to remove old products and replace them with the new agreed products. The differences in pack sizes between delisted and new products will be taken into account.
- A global update to eDC requirements will also be completed centrally, prior to the launch on 27 March 2017.
- There will be a catalogue refresh available for orders that are processed through third party systems.
- The update to standing orders and favourites lists will be completed prior to launch on 27 March 2017
The delisted codes will cease to be available to order after this date and trusts should make plans in advance to switch to the new codes.
- For eDC requirements it is important that barcodes are updated at the relevant locations and in the barcode books to ensure orders can be processed correctly.
- For customers using third party systems an updated catalogue should be downloaded as soon as possible.
- Please make the relevant stakeholders aware within your trust and be ready to switch to the new products from 27 March 2018.
- A global update of standing orders and favourites lists will be completed centrally on your behalf, taking into account any pack size changes.
- A global update of eDC requirements will be carried out centrally on your behalf to support a smooth transition – please be aware that you need to dock your eDC handheld device to update the catalogue and your requirements.
- Barcodes should be updated for these amended products in barcode books and at storage locations within the departments. Please note: It is important that barcodes are replaced before ordering the new codes to ensure the order can be processed.
- Customers ordering through third party systems should liaise directly with their third party providers to process catalogue updates where required.
Please also note our online catalogue will be updated post launch to include an NCP catalogue, in which NCP programme products will be prominently displayed with supporting guidance notes. These products will also continue to be visible within the NHS Supply Chain main catalogue.
If you have any further questions or require additional support, please contact your local Account Manager or Customer Service Adviser.