Nationally Contracted Products (NCP) Launch : Medical Swabs (ICN 1530)
Important Customer Notice NCP
- Nationally Contracted Products (NCP) initiative is strategically co led by NHS Improvement and the Department of Health and is being operationalised through the NHS Supply Chain.
- Since 2017 this product category has been through two NCP procurement exercises which delivered over £1 million national savings. As the General Wound Care framework has been retendered, the associated Medical Swabs NCP was also renewed. The aim of the renewal was to mitigate the implementation of supplier framework agreement pricing, which would have led to significant price increases for the NHS.
- Lot 15 – Medical Swabs
- The awarded suppliers are:
Unisurge International Limited
Rocialle Healthcare Limited
Bunzl Retail & Healthcare Supplies Limited.
- As of 14 March 2022, the products of the unsuccessful supplier(s) Clinisupplies Limited will be delisted from the online catalogue for a minimum period of 24 months.
- The NCP product will become available to order on 14 March 2022.
- For information on trust specific savings opportunities please contact your Customer Relationship Manager.
- Trust Impact Statements will be available in the week commencing 7 February 2022.
- If you have any questions about the Nationally Contracted Products, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager.
*NCP aims to implement the Carter Report recommendations to harness the national buying power of the NHS, remove “unwarranted product variation” and improve efficiency. NCP focuses on reducing variety at a sub category level and channelling national commitment to this optimised product range to drive savings