Nationally Contracted Products (NCP): Adult ECG Electrodes (renewal) (ICN 1256)
Important Customer Notice Update
- Following on from the National Patient Safety Alert (NatPSA/2020/006/NHSPS ‘Foreign body aspiration during intubation, advance airway management or ventilation’) which was issued on 1 September 2020 there was an action for organisations to ensure ECG/ECT Electrodes have ‘either large sheet backing for multiple electrodes or fully coloured or patterned individual backing’.
- The compliance requirements apply to all electrodes used in settings detailed in the National Patient Safety Alert (see our Downloads ▼ section).
- All Adult ECG Electrodes awarded on the NCP programme and supplied by NHS Supply Chain will meet compliance requirements from the 1 July 2021.
- Please see our Downloads ▼ section to view the product matrix. This give details of which product codes from the paediatric and neonatal electrodes range currently meet compliance requirements.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.
- This NCP procurement exercise was undertaken for Adult ECG Electrodes. The aim to mitigate any cost pressures as a result of previous NCP expiring on the 2 June 2021, on the Electrodes Ultrasound Gels Defibrillation and Related Consumables 2020 framework renewal.
- NCP products will become available to order on 3 June 2021.
- There is a potential, national savings of £117,651 (4.6%)
- Three suppliers have successfully been awarded to this NCP: Ambu UK Ltd, Fannin and Nissha Medical Technologies Ltd.
- This NCP is dual supplied but segmented by depot split: 12 products, with each line having a 70:30 supply split. The first winning supplier (70% of volume) will be in selected depots and the 2nd winning supplier (30%) will be in the remaining depots.
- Please refer to table within the Customer Report for Regional logistical arrangements.
- There are no delisted suppliers: All incumbent suppliers awarded to NCP renewal.
- There is one product code being delisted from our online catalogue (FDK1075).
- Please see our Downloads ▼ section to view the Delist and Product Listing for further information on the affected product codes.
- This NCP (and all awarded suppliers) will be compliant with the Patient Safety Alert issued by the NHS: Please our Useful Links ? section.
- For information on trust specific savings opportunities please contact your Customer Relationship Manager. Trust Impact Statements will be available week commencing 26 April 2021.
- If you have any questions about the Nationally Contracted Products, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager.
1256 Adult ECG Electrodes Delisted Products with AlternativesAn Excel file detailing the delisted product codes for ICN 1256.
1256 Adult ECG Electrodes Product ListingAn Excel file detailing the affected product codes for ICN 1256.
1256 Adult ECG Electrodes Customer ReportA PDF of the Customer Report for ICN 1256.
1256 National Patient Safety AlertA PDF of the National Patient Safety Alert.
1256 Adult ECG Electrodes Product MatrixAn Excel file of the Product Matrix for ICN 1256.