Nationally Contracted Products (NCP): Adult ECG Electrodes (renewal) (ICN 1256)
Important Customer Notice Update
- Following on from the National Patient Safety Alert (NatPSA/2020/006/NHSPS ‘Foreign body aspiration during intubation, advance airway management or ventilation’) which was issued on 1 September 2020 there was an action for organisations to ensure ECG/ECT Electrodes have ‘either large sheet backing for multiple electrodes or fully coloured or patterned individual backing’.
- The compliance requirements apply to all electrodes used in settings detailed in the National Patient Safety Alert (see our Downloads ▼ section).
- All Adult ECG Electrodes awarded on the NCP programme and supplied by NHS Supply Chain will meet compliance requirements from the 1 July 2021.
- Please see our Downloads ▼ section to view the product matrix. This give details of which product codes from the paediatric and neonatal electrodes range currently meet compliance requirements.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.
- This NCP procurement exercise was undertaken for Adult ECG Electrodes. The aim to mitigate any cost pressures as a result of previous NCP expiring on the 2 June 2021, on the Electrodes Ultrasound Gels Defibrillation and Related Consumables 2020 framework renewal.
- NCP products will become available to order on 3 June 2021.
- There is a potential, national savings of £117,651 (4.6%)
- Three suppliers have successfully been awarded to this NCP: Ambu UK Ltd, Fannin and Nissha Medical Technologies Ltd.
- This NCP is dual supplied but segmented by depot split: 12 products, with each line having a 70:30 supply split. The first winning supplier (70% of volume) will be in selected depots and the 2nd winning supplier (30%) will be in the remaining depots.
- Please refer to table within the Customer Report for Regional logistical arrangements.
- There are no delisted suppliers: All incumbent suppliers awarded to NCP renewal.
- There is one product code being delisted from our online catalogue (FDK1075).
- Please see our Downloads ▼ section to view the Delist and Product Listing for further information on the affected product codes.
- This NCP (and all awarded suppliers) will be compliant with the Patient Safety Alert issued by the NHS: Please our Useful Links ? section.
- For information on trust specific savings opportunities please contact your Customer Relationship Manager. Trust Impact Statements will be available week commencing 26 April 2021.
- If you have any questions about the Nationally Contracted Products, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager.