Nationally Contracted Products (NCP): NCP Double Adjustable Crutches (ICN 989)
Important Customer Notice Update
- NCP Double Adjustable Crutches will come to an end on 3 May 2021.
- The NCP products will continue to be available to order through our online catalogue from 4 May 2021, although there has been a change in pricing. Please see our Downloads ▼ section to view the product listing for further information on the affected product codes.
- From 4 May 2021, the products that were previously delisted will also be available to order via our online catalogue, including products from Drive Devilbiss Healthcare Ltd, Nottingham Rehab Supplies and Trulife.
- The product listing will be updated on the Aids for Daily Living Contract Information Page by 17 May 2021.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager.
- This NCP procurement exercise was undertaken for Double Adjustable Crutches. The aim was to rationalise the number of suppliers and products, create savings through consolidating volume, and to aggregate national demand to provide a sustainable competitive price for the NHS. This has been achieved by awarding two suppliers per lot and by reducing the number of products from eight to two per lot.
- Performance Health, Simplymed Ltd and Sunrise Medical Ltd are the successfully awarded suppliers:
For Lot 1 (Double Adjustable Crutches Long – Adult)
Performance Health (80% volume)
Simplymed Ltd (20% volume).
For Lot 2 (Double Adjustable Crutches Extra Long)
Performance Health (50% volume)
Sunrise Medical Ltd (50% volume).
- As of 3 May 2020, the products of the following four unsuccessful suppliers will be delisted from the online catalogue:
Drive Devilbiss Healthcare Ltd
Nottingham Rehab Supplies
- See our Downloads ▼ section to view the product listing and delisted products for further information on the affected product codes.
- The NCP product will become available to order on 4 May 2020.
- There are potential national savings of 2% at £25,316*.
- Trust Impact Statements will be available week commencing 16 March 2020, please contact your Account Manager for further information.
- If you have any questions about the Nationally Contracted Products, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Account Manager.
- See our Useful Links ? section for further information about Nationally Contracted Products.