Nationally Contracted Products (NCP): Non-Silicone Foam Dressings (ICN 1367)
Important Customer Notice NCP
- This NCP procurement exercise was undertaken for Non-Silicone Foam Dressings.
- The aim was to rationalise the number of suppliers and products, create savings through consolidating volume, and to aggregate national demand to provide a sustainable competitive price for the NHS.
- This has been achieved by awarding to six suppliers to reduce risk and continuity of supply.
- There are two lots:
Lot 2a: Foam Dressing Adhesive
Lot 2b: Foam Dressing Non Bordered.
- The awarded suppliers are:
Bunzl Retail and Heathcare Supplies Ltd
Convalon Technologies (Europe) Limited
H & R Healthcare
Richardson Healthcare Ltd
Smith & Nephew.
- As of 31 October 2021, the products of the following unsuccessful suppliers will be delisted from the online catalogue for a period of 12 months:
3M United Kingdom PLC
Advanced Medical Solutions.
- There are a total of 15 product codes being delisted from our online catalogue.
- The NCP products will become available to order on 1 November 2021.
- There are potential national savings of 8% £340,000 for existing customers -Smith & Nephew, and 35% – 48% (£526,000 – £710,000) *by switching from the delisted suppliers. (3M and Advanced Medical Solutions) to other awarded suppliers.
- See our download section to view the product listing and the delisted products for further information on the affected product codes.
- For information on trust specific savings opportunities please contact your Customer Relationship Manager.
- Trust Impact Statements will be available on 20 September 2021.
- If you have any questions about the Nationally Contracted Products, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager.