Nationally Contracted Products (NCP) Programme: Temporary Shoes (Post op) (ICN 196)
Important Customer Notice NCP
- Nationally Contracted Products (NCP) initiative is strategically co led by NHS Improvement and the Department of Health and is being operationalised by the NHS Business Services Authority through NHS Supply Chain.
- NCP is a procurement tool that aims to implement the Carter Report recommendations to harness the national buying power of the NHS, remove “unwarranted product variation” and improve efficiency. The initiative is focused on driving savings through reducing variety at a sub category level and channelling national commitment to this reduced product range.
- VM Orthotics has been awarded as the single supplier for temporary shoes (post op).
- As of 29 January, the products of the following three unsuccessful suppliers will be delisted from the online catalogue for a minimum period of 12 months:
Chris Haley & Partners
- As of 29 January the products of the following suppliers who opted out of the mini competition will be delisted from the online catalogue for a minimum period of 12 months:
A. Algeo Ltd
BSN Medical Ltd
Dacey Orthopaedics Ltd
LBG Medical Ltd
Ossur UK Ltd
Promedics Orthopaedic Ltd
Taycare Medical Limited
- New prices will come into effect from 29 January.
- There is a price reduction of 63% and potential savings of up to £351k nationally*.
- For information on trust specific savings opportunities please contact your Account Manager. Trust Impact Statements will be available in the week commencing 6 November 2017.
- If you have any questions about the Nationally Contracted Products programme, please contact the Operational Productivity team at NHS Improvement on firstname.lastname@example.org
* Anticipated annualised savings figures are calculated following conclusion of the award process and are based on national banded pricing using the last 6 months volumes. Please note these are subject to change after Trust Impact Statements are produced due to further pricing reconciliation. For further details please contact NHS Supply Chain.