Nationally Contracted Products (NCP) Programme: Toilet Paper (ICN 195)
Important Customer Notice NCP
- Nationally Contracted Products (NCP) initiative is strategically co led by NHS Improvement and the Department of Health and is being operationalised by the NHS Business Services Authority through NHS Supply Chain.
- NCP is a procurement tool that aims to implement the Carter Report recommendations to harness the national buying power of the NHS, remove “unwarranted product variation” and improve efficiency. The initiative is focused on driving savings through reducing variety at a sub category level and channelling national commitment to this reduced product range.
- SCA Hygiene Products UK Ltd (SCA HP) has been awarded as supplier for 2 ply bulk and 2 ply conventional toilet tissue.
- Kimberly-Clark Professional has been awarded as supplier for 1 ply bulk toilet rolls tissue.
- As of 8 January 2018, the products of the following three unsuccessful suppliers will be delisted from the online catalogue for a minimum period of 24 months:
- Kimberley Clark MRT085 conventional toilet tissue will also be delisted on January 8.
- New prices will come into effect from 8 January 2018.
- There is a price reduction of 13% and potential savings of up to £260k nationally.
- For information on trust specific savings opportunities please contact your Account Manager. Trust Impact Statements will be available in the week commencing 13 November 2017.
- If you have any questions about the Nationally Contracted Products programme, please contact the Operational Productivity team at NHS Improvement on email@example.com
* Anticipated annualised savings figures are calculated following conclusion of the award process and are based on national banded pricing using the last 6 months volumes. Please note these are subject to change after Trust Impact Statements are produced due to further pricing reconciliation. For further details please contact NHS Supply Chain.