NCP Skin Barrier Film (ICN 712)
Important Customer Notice NCP
- The NHS Nationally Contracted Products (NCP) initiative is strategically co led by NHS Improvement and the Department of Health and is being operationalised through the NHS Supply Chain.
- This procurement exercise was undertaken for Barrier Film. The aim was to rationalise the range and offer clinicians a choice of barrier products at the best price, in relation to quality and product assurance requirements.
- The NCP has been split into three lots:
Lot 1: Barrier Film Foam Applicator 1ml
Lot 2: Barrier Film Foam Applicator 3ml
Lot 3: Barrier Film Spray 28ml- 30ml
- The two awarded suppliers are Medicareplus International Limited and 3M United Kingdom Plc. These two suppliers have been awarded per lot and will offer all three products within the rationalised range.
- As of 11 August 2019, the products of the unsuccessful suppliers listed below, will be delisted from the online catalogue for a minimum period of 24 months:
Aspen Medical Europe Limited
BSN Medical Limited
Medline Industries Limited
Smith & Nephew Healthcare Limited
- The NCP product will become available to order on 12 August 2019.
- There are potential national savings of 24% (£700,000) *.
- For information on trust specific savings opportunities please contact your Account Manager. Trust Impact Statements /will be available in the week commencing 24 June 2019If you have any questions about the Nationally Contracted Products, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Account Manager.
*NCP aims to implement the Carter Report recommendations to harness the national buying power of the NHS, remove “unwarranted product variation” and improve efficiency. NCP focuses on reducing variety at a sub category level and channelling national commitment to this optimised product range to drive savings.