Nationally Contracted Products (NCP): Three Panel Knee Immobilisers (ICN 1224)
Important Customer Notice NCP
- This NCP procurement exercise was undertaken for Three Panel Knee Immobilisers.
- The aim was to rationalise the number of suppliers and products, create savings through consolidating volume, and to aggregate national demand to provide a sustainable competitive price for the NHS.
- This has been achieved by awarding to two suppliers (including the market leader) and rationalising down to nine product lines.
- It’s been awarded to two suppliers with split depot as follows:
- Promedics Orthopaedic Limited (80% volume – five product codes) – Alfreton, Bridgwater, Maidstone, Normanton and Rugby
- Thuasne UK (20% volume – four product codes) – Runcorn and Suffolk Park
- If Promedics customers (Alfreton, Bridgwater, Maidstone, Normanton or Rugby) require larger than 24”, the national codes are still available to order through our online catalogue.
- As of 16 May 2021, the products of the unsuccessful suppliers will be delisted from the online catalogue for a minimum period of 12 months.
- The unsuccessful suppliers are:
Beagle Orthopaedic Ltd
BSN Medical Ltd
Crest Medical Ltd
Ossur UK Ltd
- The NCP products will become available to order on 17 May 2021.
- There are potential national savings of £174,177 (38.51%).
- See our Downloads ▼ section to view the product listing and the delisted products for further information on the affected product codes.
- For information on trust specific savings opportunities please contact your Customer Relationship Manager.
- Trust Impact Statements will be available on 1 April 2021.
- If you have any questions about the Nationally Contracted Products, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager.