NCP Suction Tubing FWP425 (ICN 446)
Important Customer Notice Update
- After working with our supplier Pennine Healthcare, we have sourced a suitable indirect alternative connector which is now available to order:
FWP437 – Tube suction connecting, non-conductive PVC, 5mm x 3mt FF with short blue connector.
- See our Downloads ▼ section below for further information on the indirect alternative product.
- This indirect alternative product is now available to order on our catalogue and this issue with the Olympus and Pentax Endoscopy Suction devices is now resolved.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
- We are continuing to work with the supplier to make alternative connectors available and are in the process of listing a new product that will resolve the issues with the Olympus and Pentax Endoscopy Suction devices.
- We anticipate that this will be available to order from May 2019.
- We will provide a further update with details of this new product in April 2019.
- We have relisted Suction Tubing product code FWP181, a 7mm product to complement FWP425 6mm tube.
- FWP181 will be available to order from 30 August 2018.
- We are continuing to work with the supplier to make alternative connectors available, if required, for FWP425.
- We will provide a further update regarding alternative connectors as soon as possible.
- NHS Supply Chain will be relisting Suction Tubing product code FWP181, a 7mm product to complement FWP425 6mm tube.
- FWP181 is recommended for use in environments where a higher rate of flow is required than the FWP425 will allow.
- We anticipate FWP181 will be made available to order from our online catalogue from 30 August 2018.
- We are also working with the supplier to make alternative connectors available, if required, for FWP425.
- We will provide a further update on 28 August 2018.
- NHS Supply Chain has been made aware that NCP Suction Tubing product code FWP425, is unsuitable for use with Olympus and Pentax Endoscopy Suction devices.
- We are working with our suppliers to identify direct alternatives which are suitable for use with the devices listed above.
- We are advising trusts to check FWP425 for compatibility with other suctioning equipment to ensure the tubing is compatible with their chosen suctioning device(s).
- If you have any concerns about FWP425 compatibility with other devices please email your concerns to CaPA – CaPA@dh.gsi.gov.uk.
- We will share any further updates with you and anticipated timeline for resolution on 24 August 2018.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your Customer Service Advisor.
Whilst we have consulted our clinical team, please note that due to the clinical nature of any alternative products we do advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisation’s use.