NCP Surgical Theatre Gowns – Standard Gown (ICN 426)
Important Customer Notice NCP
- Nationally Contracted Products (NCP) initiative is strategically co led by NHS Improvement and the Department of Health and is being operationalised by the NHS Supply Chain.
- NCP is a procurement tool that aims to implement the Carter Report recommendations to harness the national buying power of the NHS, remove “unwarranted product variation” and improve efficiency. The initiative is focused on driving savings through reducing variety at a sub category level and channelling national commitment to this reduced product range.
- IMS Euro Ltd has been awarded as the supplier for Lot 1 Sterile Gowns – standard performance.
- Lots 2 and 3 – Fully Impervious Gowns and Zone Impervious Gowns will be included as part of a further NCP procurement exercise later in 2018.
- From 27 August 2018, the following unsuccessful suppliers’ products will be delisted from the online catalogue for a minimum period of 12 months:
3M United Kingdom Plc
Full Support Healthcare Ltd
Halyard Health UK Limited
IMS Euro Ltd (products not part of the NCP to be delisted)
Iskus Health UK Ltd
Molnlycke Health Care Ltd
Medline Industries Ltd
Unisurge International Ltd
- The NCP product will become available to order on 28 August 2018.
- There are potential national savings of £1,500,000 (33%).
- For information on trust specific savings opportunities please contact your Account Manager. Trust Impact Statements will be available in the week commencing 16 July 2018.
- Central updates will be carried out to the relevant favourites lists, standing orders and eDC requirements to ensure a smooth transition and enable savings to be immediately realised. Please refer to ICN 232 for more details of this.
- For further information about the Nationally Contracted Products initiative, please visit the NCP webpage.