New Tracheostomy Products
Important Customer Notice Product Update
Due to an exceptional increase in national demand for tracheostomy products, such products have been suspended from ordering through our online catalogue. This is to protect stockholding and ensure allocation to the NHS is maintained as guided by the NHS England and NHS Improvement allocation process. See our Useful Links 🔗 section for further information on these Suspended Consumables.
NHS Supply Chain have been working with existing suppliers and newly awarded framework suppliers to identify opportunities to mitigate product shortages.
In support, Atos Medical, Teleflex Medical and GenX Medicare Ltd are introducing a new range of Tracheostomy products to our catalogue. All three suppliers were awarded to the Airway Management Products and Associated Equipment framework. Framework Agreement Reference: FAG16832 and OJEU Reference: 2018/S 199-450512.
The expanded range of products has been identified by the suppliers and supported by our Clinical Leads. Further national clinical reviews are underway.
- 34 new Atos Medical tracheostomy products are available now.
- 5 new GenX Medicare Ltd tracheostomy products are anticipated to be available from 24 July 2020.
- 15 new Teleflex Medical products will be available, but the date of availability is currently unknown.
- Of the 54 new products, there are 43 Tracheostomy Tube product codes that have met the criteria to be on our list of Suspended Consumables products that are unavailable to order through our online catalogue. You need to complete and submit the suspended code submission webform if you have an urgent clinical need any of the suspended codes. See our Useful Links 🔗 section to access this webform.
- The remaining 11 new Tracheostomy product codes are available to order.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to view the product listing for further information on the affected product codes. The product listing includes information on which products are currently suspended and which are available to order.
- This ICN will be updated to confirm when the Teleflex Medical and GenX Medicare Ltd products are available to the NHS.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these products we do advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.
1078 New Tracheostomy Products Product Listing