Product Recall B Braun Vasofix® Safety, Vasofix® Certo and VasoVet G24 FSP2156 and FSP2213 (ICN 1590)
Important Customer Notice Recall
- B Braun Melsungen AG has issued a Field Safety Notice to proactively recall the below batches of Vasofix® Safety, Vasofix® Certo and VasoVet G24.
- B Braun Melsungen AG identified that the injection port of affected products might be leaky.
- The defect might result in potentially critical clinical consequences for the patient such as a blood loss, underdosage or delay of therapy.
- The defect is due to a production deviation starting from September 2019 onwards. The corrective action has been implemented in June 2020. All batches manufactured from July 2020 onwards are not affected.
- Of the products affected one is available from NHS Supply Chain, FSP2156.
- The affected product can also be found in a procedure pack, FSP2213, manufactured by Pennine Healthcare.
- FSP2213 is no longer available to order from NHS Supply Chain.
- Only batches noted in the Field Safety Notices are affected.
|NPC||Product Description||Supplier Code/ MPC||Manufacturer||Route|
|FSP2156||Safety Cannula Ported With Wings Yellow 24G x 19mm PUR||4269071S-01||B Braun||Stocked|
|FSP2213||Safety Cannulation Pack Yellow 24G x 19mm Ported with wings containing drape||RMT552106||Pennine Healthcare||No Longer Available to Order|
- NHS Supply Chain stocks have been checked and future orders will be of different batch numbers.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Field Safety Notice and share with all users of the affected products.
- Cease use immediately and quarantine the affected batch numbers.
- Where affected product/ batch numbers are identified, please contact your NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor to arrange a return for full credit (reason code 7 Supplier Recall).
- All products to be returned no later than Friday 8 April 2022.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.