Product Recall Becton Dickinson Connecta Stopcock BD Nexiva with BD Connecta FVK004 (ICN 1653)
Important Customer Notice Recall
Ref: 2022/1653 ICN Number: 1653
- Becton Dickinson (BD) is conducting a Field Safety Corrective Action to remove specific lots of BD Connecta and BD Nexiva with Connecta following customer feedback that the specific lot numbers listed in the Field Safety Notice (FSN) attachment 1 may have the potential for leakage at the housing component of the stopcock.
- The potential to leak may result in delay or interruption in treatment, exposure to infusate and biohazardous material, under dosing or under infusion, contamination and /or air ingress.
- One of the products affected is available from NHS Supply Chain as:
|NPC||Product Description||Supplier Code/ MPC||Affected Lots Supplied by NHS Supply Chain|
|FVK004||BD Connecta Stopcock without Extension Tube||394601||1098266
- Please note only the lot numbers listed in attachment 1 of the FSN are affected.
- NHS Supply Chain stock has been checked and future issues will be of different lot numbers.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the FSN and share with all users of the affected products (see our Downloads ▼ section).
- Cease use of the affected lot numbers, quarantine and contact your NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor with full details including, confirmation of the lot number and full quantity in eaches.
- Your Customer Service Advisor will confirm the details and on written confirmation of safe disposal arrange full credit on your behalf.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor.