Product Recall Vygon (UK) SOL-M Blunt Fill Needle 18G 40mm No Filter FTR1922 (ICN 1619)
Important Customer Notice Recall
- The Legal Manufacturer, Sol-Millennium, has issued a Field Safety Notice (FSN) for specific batches of Blunt Fill Needle 18G 40mm No Filter.
- Sol-Millennium has determined an increase in coring of the vial rubber stoppers of medication, when reconstituting diluent and accessing vials.
- Once the medication is reconstituted, visible pieces of rubber were found floating in the medication, in the barrel of the syringe used to aspirate the medication, and in the IV bag used to administer the medication.
- The affected product is available from NHS Supply Chain as:
|NPC||Product Description||Supplier Code/ MPC||Affected Batches|
|FTR1922||Safety Needle Blunt Fill Drawing Up 18G x 40mm (1.5 inch) Sterile||110022||Specific batches as noted in the FSN|
- The affected product was supplied by Vygon (UK) Ltd between November 2020 and February 2022.
- Any affected batches held within NHS Supply Chain stock have been quarantined and orders will be fulfilled with unaffected stock.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Field Safety Notice see our Downloads ▼ section and share with all users of the affected products.
- Vygon has confirmed any customers who have purchased the affected batches of this product through NHS Supply Chain will be credited upon receipt of the items.
- Please contact your NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor to arrange a return for full credit (reason code 7 Supplier Recall).
- All products to be returned no later than Friday 6 May 2022.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.