Radiometer Arterial Blood Sampler (ICN 1238)
Important Customer Notice Recall
- Radiometer has issued an urgent Field Safety Notice following discovery of a breach in the sterile barrier system of one sample during internal stress testing. Radiometer are withdrawing all lot numbers of these products.
- A breach in sterility may result in a bacterial blood infection.
- There are four products affected available via NHS Supply Chain:
|NPC||Description||MPC||Unit of Issue||Supply Route|
|FWC139||Blood Gas Syringe Non Safety 1.5ml Self Filling Syringe with 22 gauge x 32mm Needle||956-525||Box 100||Stock|
|FWC151||Blood Gas Syringe without Needle 1.5ml Self Filling Syringe||956-518||Box 100||Stock|
|FWC152||Blood Gas Syringe Non Safety 1.5ml Self Filling Syringe 22 gauge x 25mm Needle||956-522||Box 100||eDirect|
|FWC153||Blood Gas Syringe Non Safety 1.5ml Self Filling Syringe 23 gauge x 16mm Needle||956-529||Box 100||Stock|
- The affected products are temporarily suspended from our online catalogue.
- Please refer to the online catalogue and product listing for information on available alternatives.
- Share this notice with all within your organisation who may have received these products.
- Stop using the affected products with immediate effect.
- Complete and return the Acknowledgement form, page 3 of the Field Safety Notice and return to: email@example.com.
- Contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor with full details of full and part boxes of the affected products in your possession.
- Your Customer Service Advisor will advise you regarding disposal and manage the appropriate credit on your behalf.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor