Removal of Non-Purchased Products
Important Customer Notice Update
Due to the impact of COVID-19 within NHS Supply Chain, the decision has been made to postpone the April 2020 product removal.
We will no longer remove 178,208 National Product Codes from our catalogue on 6 April 2020.
Providing a range of products that are fit for purpose and deliver overall value to NHS trusts is one of the strategic priorities of the new NHS Supply Chain.
Evidence indicates that having too large a catalogue makes it increasingly difficult for NHS customers to navigate and identify the most suitable product for their needs, it also leads to spend proliferation.
Periodically NHS Supply Chain analyses products ordered through its online catalogue. Any products which have not been purchased in the past 12 months are then removed from its catalogue. This ensures that the catalogue only displays the range of products that NHS trusts buy.
On 6 April 2020, 178,208 National Product Codes will be removed from our website. This is the largest batch of codes removed as part of our catalogue cleansing, none of these products have been purchased in the past 18 months.
Over 90% of the NPCs to be removed are products from two Category Tower Service Providers: Orthopaedics, Trauma and Spine, and Ophthalmology; Cardio-Vascular, Radiology, Audiology and Pain Management.
- See our Downloads ▼ section for the product listing and further information on the product codes being removed.
- Log onto our website to view the affected products.
- If a trust is planning to switch products from direct to NHS Supply Chain, please check these are still available.
|Date||Number of NPCs||Main Product Areas|
|2 March 2020||62,411||Orthopaedic and Surgical Implants|
|1 November 2019||16,861||Intervention, Endoscopy and Decontamination, Office Solutions|
|1 December 2018||48,076||Intervention Equipment, Ophthalmology, Domestic Management|
See our Downloads ▼ section below for the product listing and further information on the NPCs removed from each date above.
1. Customer should contact their NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
2. The request will be logged.
3. The request will be internally reviewed.
4. The outcome will be communicated to the customer via their NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
509 Removal Non-Purchased Products April 2020
509 Removal Non-Purchased Products March 2020
509 Removal Non-Purchased Products November 2019
509 Removal Non-Purchased Products December 2018