Specially Sourced Items
Important Customer Notice Update
Due to the urgent global demand for products integral to the COVID-19 response, there has been a need to source new products from new suppliers to meet trusts’ requirements. NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSE/I) have created a team dedicated to the procurement of additional specific ICU/ Clinical Consumable products in the treatment of COVID-19.
New Product Available
- A further two product codes have been created and added to the Specially Sourced Items product listing:
Breathing Circuits – (New) FDC1529 and FDC1528
Central Venous Catheters Quad Lumen: FSQ2610
Closed Suction Catheters: FSQ2602, FSQ2603, FSQ2604, FSQ2605
- The affected product codes are currently available whilst stocks last, but once the stock has been depleted, the product codes will become unavailable.
- These new alternatives should be used instead.
- To minimise incompatibility issues, customers are encouraged to order a single alternative product rather than a mixed batch, where more than one NPC is available.
- These alternatives are all MHRA-regulated, CE marked (or with derogation) and have passed UK clinical validation.
- See our Downloads ▼ section for further information on both the new and existing products available.
- To purchase any of the products please log into the NHS Supply Chain online catalogue.
- If you have questions that aren’t covered by the information provided here, please raise with your NHS Supply Chain Account Manager who will help you get the support you need.
- This ICN will be updated when further new products are available to order.
1080 Specially Sourced Items Product ListingAn Excel file detailing the affected product codes for ICN 1080.