Sumed International (UK) Ltd. Heel Protectors Foam Supply Issue (ICN 1167)
Important Customer Notice Resolved
- The supplier Sumed International (UK) Ltd. has informed us that the temporary supply issue with its supply of foam for Heel Protectors has now been resolved.
- All of the previously affected product codes are now available to order.
- The supplier Sumed International (UK) Ltd. has informed us of a temporary supply issue with its supply of foam for Heel Protectors.
- The three product codes affected are:
FER13724 – Pressure redistributing support aids Heel protector
FER13749 – Pressure redistributing support aids Heel Protector Pair
FER13750 – Pressure redistributing support aids Heel Protector Pair.
- The supply issue is due to global shortages of isocyanates and polyols used in flexible and rigid foam products, coupled with increased demand.
- The affected codes are currently unavailable to order.
Potential indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue.
- Please see our Downloads ▼ section to refer to the product listing for further information on the affected product codes.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be resolved by the end of January 2021.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the potential indirect alternative products.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.
1167 Sumed International Product Listing with AlternativesAn Excel file detailing the affected product codes for ICN 1167.
Please log in to view this content.