Supply Issues Insight Health Chloraprep Products (ICN 1817)
Important Customer Notice Supply Issues
- The supplier Insight Health has informed us of a product delay across its Chloraprep products.
- The four product codes affected are:
- MRB306 – Skin Disinfectant, 2% Chlorhexidine gluconate in 70% IPA sterile 3ml applicator
- MRB494 – Skin Disinfectant, 2% Chlorhexidine gluconate in 70% IPA sterile 3ml applicator
- MRB495 – Skin Disinfectant, 2% Chlorhexidine gluconate in 70% IPA sterile with tint 10.5ml applicator
- MRB496 – Skin Disinfectant, 2% Chlorhexidine gluconate in 70% IPA sterile with tint 26ml applicator.
- The delay is due to issues last month with the products’ sterility Testing Houses. These issues have now been resolved, however, there will be a two month delay before they are back to full capacity.
- The supplier does have stock of the affected codes and will continue to deliver into NHS Supply Chain during this period.
- As stock will be limited, NHS Supply Chain has taken the decision to place the affected codes on demand protect until normal supply resumes. This means that the affected products are now being threshold managed as they are subject to Protect Demand Management.
- The affected codes remain available to order through NHS Supply Chain. However, trusts are allocated a maximum daily quantity aka “threshold” to ensure a fair supply of available stock across the NHS.
- Potential indirect alternatives are available to order through our online catalogue.
- See our Downloads section for more information on the affected and alternative products and a full list of product codes subject to Protect Demand Management.
- These products are anticipated to be removed from Protect Demand Management by 31 October 2022.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view both product listings.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.