Supply Issues Smiths Medical and Kapitex PVC Tracheostomy Tubes Multiple Products (ICN 1757)
Important Customer Notice Supply Issues
- The suppliers Smiths Medical and Kapitex Healthcare have informed us of a supply disruption, impacting several PVC tracheostomy tubes.
- There are currently 156 product codes affected.
- Smith Medical has supply issues due to raw materials shortages and production challenges, impacted by wider global supply chain issues. This issue impacts different brands within the tracheostomy tube range and this notification will be updated to reflect the changes.
- Customers who use the Kapitex Healthcare products through the eDirect or Blue Diamond route; the lead time is currently extended to 45 days from 30 days. When placing orders, customers need to ensure this lead time is reflected in ordering requirements. Owing to the raw material shortages, this lead time may change. We are working closely with Kapitex Healthcare and will update this notification with key changes.
- The tracheostomy tubes availability is a dynamic and changing position. To support customers with product availability, we have collated all the catalogue tracheostomy tubes into one Product Listing. The Product Listing shows:
- If an item is available to order or if it has been suspended
- If it has been suspended, whether this can be ordered through the ICU Consumables webform
- The key features of the tracheostomy tubes, including the sizing (inner and outer dimensions, cuffed, uncuffed, subglottic etc.), an overview of the range and if the product is for adults or children.
- This approach has been taken to allow customers and clinicians to see full availability and to be able to filter through the important features for requirements.
- As inbound supply and customer demand will change regularly, NHS Supply Chain commits to updating the Product Listing each Monday. Please note, the product listing will contain the updated date and customers should refer to the website for the latest version.
- In exceptional circumstances, NHS Supply Chain may need to action a suspension or status change in-between updates to the Product Listing. This change will be reflected in the online catalogue.
- Customers may not be able to order your usual products and some products may be unavailable. Alternative products or clinical adjustments may need to be made.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to review the products available in the Product Listing. The status of items may change, owing to products being made available, or, changing demand. Customers are therefore encouraged to regularly review the product listing, which will be updated weekly.
- The supply disruption is anticipated to be resolved in Autumn 2022.
- Customers can review product availability on the attached Product Listing. This will be updated each Monday.
- The product listing details the features of the product, suspension status and if suspended, whether the product can be ordered through the webform.
- If an item is available, it can be ordered through the catalogue. If the product you need to order is not available, then please seek an alternative product to meet your patient needs; the columns can be filtered to help ascertain the most suitable product.
- NHS Supply Chain continues to work closely with suppliers and clinical teams to ensure we are making available all suitable products for you to order.
- For this period of the supply disruption, we would ask customers to only order what is needed. Customers should also refrain from using the Kapitex or Smiths Medical products for training purposes.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisation’s use of these products.