Supply Issues Bausch & Lomb Surgical (UK) Ltd Ophthalmology Multiple Products (ICN 1640)
Important Customer Notice Update
Ref: 2022/1640 ICN Number: 1640
- The supplier Bausch & Lomb Surgical (UK) Ltd has informed us that the supply issue is still ongoing.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be resolved by 30 June 2023.
- The affected product codes are currently disrupted and remain restricted supply and requirements should be discussed with the Supplier.
- Alternative products may be available but must be discussed with the Supplier prior to placing any orders to ensure supply can be met and delivery date requirements agreed.
- Please see our Downloads ▼ section to refer to the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and alternatives identified.
- The supplier Bausch & Lomb Surgical (UK) Ltd has informed us of a supply issue with its Ophthalmology products.
- There are 10 product codes affected.
- This supply issue initially started due to a raw material shortage.
- There was then an impact in the production/supply chain due to COVID-19.
- We have now been informed by the supplier that there are delays with air freight, as due to the increased demands on air freight, the priority has been given to life saving equipment which has adversely affected transport of these supplies.
- The affected product codes are currently unavailable to order.
- There are no alternative products available to offer.
- Please see our Downloads ▼ section to refer to the product listing for further information on the affected product codes.
- Unfortunately, the anticipated resolution date is unknown at present, however a further update to the ICN will be provided once we have more information.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.