Supply Issues Becton Dickinson Prefilled Syringe FWC130 (ICN 1792)
Important Customer Notice Resolved
- The supplier Becton Dickinson has informed us of a supply issue with its Prefilled Syringe Sterile Content, FWC130.
- The supply issue is due to the supplier being unable to meet its usual demand.
- FWC130 is being threshold managed and is subject to Protect Demand Management. The product code remains available to order through NHS Supply Chain.
- However, trusts are allocated a maximum daily quantity “threshold” to ensure fair supply of available stock across the NHS.
- See our Downloads section for a full list of product codes subject to Protect Demand Management.
- Potential indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue:
- FWC620 – Prefilled Syringe Sterile Content 10ml 0.9% Sodium Chloride Ribbon Pouch
- FWC594 – Prefilled Syringe Sterile Content 10ml 0.9% Saline
- FWC663 – Prefilled Syringe Sterile Content 10ml Normal Saline Flush USP 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection Luer Lock 2 Piece.
- See our Downloads section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product code.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be resolved by the end of October 2022.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the potential indirect alternative products.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.