Supply Issues Becton Dickinson UK Ltd Safety Peripheral Intravenous Cannula Ported with Wings Products FSP5001 and FSP5002 (ICN 2320)
Important Customer Notice Supply Issues
- The supplier Becton Dickinson UK Ltd has informed us of a supply issue with its Safety Peripheral Intravenous Cannula Ported with Wings products.
- The product codes affected are:
- FSP5001 – Safety Peripheral Intravenous Cannula Ported with Wings
- FSP5002 – Safety Peripheral Intravenous Cannula Ported with Wings.
- Two product codes are affected in total.
- The supply issue has been caused by an increased demand due to Geopolitical factors.
- Due to this supply issue these products are now being threshold managed as they are subject to Protect Demand Management.
- FSP5001 and FSP5002 are available to order through NHS Supply Chain. However, trusts are allocated a maximum daily quantity or “threshold” to ensure fair supply of available stock across the NHS.
- Potential indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue.
- See our Downloads ▼ section for a full list of product codes subject to Protect Demand Management and to access the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- However, as this is currently a disrupted market and supply is subject to rapid change, the alternatives offered may also be experiencing temporary supply issues and therefore, customers may need to consider clinically reviewing all additional alternatives provided.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be resolved by 13 November 2023.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives and to view the product codes currently subject to Protect Demand Management.
- Customers should factor in cost, training and compatibility when selecting potential alternatives.
- The continuing supply issue is being monitored in conjunction with the supplier and we will continue to monitor the stock situation to minimise further disruption and update this ICN with the latest information as it becomes available.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.