Supply Issues Bunzl Healthcare Film Dressing ELW547 (ICN 1893)
Important Customer Notice Update
- Due to the ongoing supply issue, this product is now being threshold managed and it is subject to Protect Demand Management.
- ELW547 remains available to order through NHS Supply Chain. However, trusts are allocated a maximum daily quantity also known as ‘threshold’ to ensure fair supply of available stock across the NHS.
- See our Downloads ▼ section for a full list of product codes subject to Protect Demand Management.
- The supplier Bunzl Healthcare has informed us of a supply issue with its film dressings products.
- There is one product code affected:
- ELW547 – Dressing vapour-permeable adhesive film with absorbent pad sterile 8.5cm x 15.5cm (wcp 4cm x 11.5cm).
- The supply issue is due to the renewal of the supplier’s CE certification being delayed.
- The affected product code is currently unavailable to order.
- Potential indirect alternative products are linked on the online catalogue, however, these are currently suspended.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and availability dates of the indirect alternatives.
- Customers are advised to source other suitable products available on the online catalogue until the identified alternatives become available.
- Please be advised that due to the anticipated increase in demand for alternative products, these may become subject to being demand management, if necessary, to ensure a steady supply to customers throughout the NHS.
- The CE certification is anticipated to be renewed by 31 March 2023, however, we anticipate stock to become available before this.
- We will update the ICN when we have further information.
- We will continue to assess the stock issue and liaise with the supplier to review the availability of the affected product.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to review the potential indirect alternative products, taking into account their suitability and availability.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.