Supply Issues Cardinal Health UK Surgical Gloves Multiple Products (ICN 1879)
Important Customer Notice Supply Issues
- The supplier Cardinal Health UK has informed us of a supply issue with its Surgical Gloves products.
- There are three products affected.
- The supply issue is due to global constraints on transport and shipping, including shortages of containers and backlogs at major ports.
- Production lines are prioritising various specialist glove ranges is also causing delays with production runs for various surgical glove types.
- The affected product codes are currently suspended.
- Potential indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue.
- See our Downloads section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- NHS Supply Chain has provided up to four indirect alternatives per product code where available.
- However, as this is currently a disrupted market and supply is subject to rapid change, the continuing supply issue is being monitored in conjunction with the supplier.
- The supply issue is expected to be ongoing for a period of up to two months.
- We will continue to monitor the stock situation to minimise further disruption and update with the latest information as it becomes available.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to review the potential indirect alternative products, liaise with their local NHS Supply Chain representatives and discuss internally with their clinical support.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.