Supply Issues Great Bear Healthcare Limited Urine Night/Bed Bag GDW529 (ICN 2246)
Important Customer Notice Supply Issues
- The supplier Great Bear Healthcare Limited has informed us of a supply issue with their Urine Night/Bed Bag.
- One product code is affected:
- GDW529 – Urine Night/Bed Bag.
- The supply issue is due to their supplier experiencing shipping delays.
- GDW529 is currently suspended and unavailable to order.
- Potential indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product code and potential alternatives.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be resolved by 30 September 2023.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the product listing for further information on the affected product code and potential alternatives.
- The alternatives listed are cheaper than the original code.
- Alternative 1: GDF053 – connection tube is 10cm longer.
- Alternative 2: GDW521 This is a 1000ml larger urine bag and it has a tap, not a tear strip so empties differently.
- No training is required.
- The continuing supply issue is being monitored in conjunction with the supplier and we will continue to review the stock situation to minimise further disruption and update this ICN with the latest information as it becomes available.
- However, as this is currently a disrupted market and supply is subject to rapid change, the alternatives offered may also be experiencing temporary supply issues and therefore, customers may need to consider clinically reviewing all additional alternatives provided.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products, we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.