Supply Issues Great Bear Healthcare Ltd Urine Night/Bed Bag GDW172 (ICN 2415)
Important Customer Notice Resolved
- The supply issue with Urine Night/Bed Bag products from Great Bear Healthcare Ltd is now resolved.
- GDW172 is now available to order through our online catalogue.
- This ICN is now closed.
- The supplier Great Bear Healthcare Ltd has informed us of a supply issue with its Urine Night/Bed Bag products:
- GDW172 – Urine Night/Bed Bag 3000ml Single Use T tap Non-Sterile Without hanger.
- The supply issue is due to supplier manufacturing issues.
- GDW172 is currently suspended and unavailable to order.
- Potential indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue:
- GDW173 – 3000ml Lever tap Sterile Night Bag Re-Usable Weekly Use Without hanger (This is reusable but has a lever tap which can be closed, not a T tap)
- GDW529 – 2000ml Tear strip 90cm tube Non-Sterile Non-Drainable Opaque backing (This a smaller bag and you tear the top to empty it so it can’t be used again).
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product code and potential alternatives.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be resolved by 14 February 2024.
- The continuing supply issue is being monitored in conjunction with the supplier and we will continue to review the stock situation to minimise further disruption.
- This is currently a disrupted market and supply is subject to rapid change, the alternatives offered may also be experiencing temporary supply issues and therefore, customers may need to consider clinically reviewing all additional alternatives provided.
- We will update the ICN when we have further information.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products, we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.