Supply Issues Johnson and Johnson Energy Devices FGE8466 FAL17685 (ICN 2013)
Important Customer Notice Supply Issues
Ref: 2023/2013 ICN Number: 2013
- The supplier Johnson & Johnson has informed us of a supply issue with its Energy Devices products.
- The two product codes affected are:
- FGE8466 – Laparoscopic Instruments Enseal X1 Curved 37cm Shaft
- FAL17685 – Advanced Bipolar Enseal X1 L Jaw Tissue Sealer.
- The supply issue is due to component shortages.
- The affected product codes are subject to intermittent supply, which is subject to supplier demand management. If you wish to increase demand, please contact Johnson & Johnson directly.
- For information on reusable alternatives please contact the MIS Clinical Engagement and Implementation Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Johnson & Johnson (Ethicon) have offered alternatives from their Enseal range. Other alternatives have been identified, however, these handpieces are subject to compatibility with each suppliers’ generator.
- Customers are advised to utilise generators that are immediately available to them and order corresponding handpieces.
- Where an alternative supplier generator is required please contact the local representative, or their customer services team.
- Customers are advised to contact Suppliers for advice, training and education where clinical teams need support.
- Potential indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue:
- FGE813 – Advanced Energy Sealing Device Maryland Fusion 37cm 6/BX
- FGS561 – Advanced Bipolar Advanced Bipolar Maryland Jaw 37cm x6
- FGE123 – Advanced Energy Sealing Device Impact Open Sealer Divider Curved Jaw Large.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be resolved by 1 June 2023.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the potential indirect alternative products.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.