Supply Issues Johnson and Johnson Surgical Sutures FVT040 and FVU283 (ICN 1874)
Important Customer Notice Supply Issues
- The supplier Johnson and Johnson Medical Ltd has informed us of a supply issue with its Surgical sutures.
- The two product codes affected are:
- FVT040 – Suture non absorbable W6915 90cm ethibond excel non-absorbable coated braided white 4/0 17mm 1/2 circle tapercut double needle
- FVU283 – Suture absorbable W9935 45cm vicryl rapide absorbable coated braided undyed 3/0 22mm 1/2 circle conventional cutting needle.
- The supply issue is due to manufacturing delays.
- The affected codes are currently unavailable to order.
- Potential indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue.
- See our Downloads section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- The Sutures portfolio offers a wide range of products with alternatives so disruption should be minimal.
- There are no anticipated Clinical or Patient Safety impacts as a result of this supply issue.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be resolved by 16 December 2022.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to review the potential indirect alternative products and discuss other options with clinicians and suppliers.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.