Supply Issues Multiple Suppliers 1ml Luer Lock Syringe Products (ICN 2345)
Important Customer Notice Supply Issues
- Multiple suppliers have informed us of a supply issue with their 1ml Luer Lock Syringe products.
- There are eight product codes affected.
- The supply issue is due to increased demand and lead times.
- Two affected product codes are currently suspended and unavailable to order:
- FWC121 – Hypodermic Syringe 1ml Luer Lock 3 Piece Concentric Clear Sterile
- FWC688 – Hypodermic Syringe 1ml Luer Lock Fine Dosage Sterile.
- The remaining six product codes are subject to intermittent supply:
- FSW1325, FWC338, FWC632, FWC692, FWC704 and FWC85173.
- There are potential indirect alternatives for most of the products. These products are available to order through our online catalogue.
- However, some of these products may also be subject to intermittent supply.
- Please note there are currently no alternatives for FWC85173.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- The supply issue currently has no anticipated resolution date, we will update this ICN when we have further information.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- To mitigate the impact of disruption, we advise customers to review alternatives and complete a local stock take.
- When looking at alternatives, please factor in the compatibility, cost, and availability.
- Please note there may be differences in the alternatives, for example, different sizes and brands.
- The continuing supply issue is being monitored in conjunction with the supplier and we will continue to review the stock situation to minimise further disruption and update this ICN with the latest information as it becomes available.
- However, as this is currently a disrupted market and supply is subject to rapid change, the alternatives offered may also be experiencing temporary supply issues and therefore, customers may need to consider clinically reviewing all additional alternatives provided.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products, we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.